It's finally here! Nope, not Christmas which a lot of you are still celebrating as I write this, but the day AFTER Christmas (known in various parts of the world as Boxing Day), which is the day I have been waiting for, the day I can reveal all... Very exciting sponsored competition! Sooo excited about this.
If you have looked through the Fat Quarter Shop's FQ bundles section, you will surely have noticed the 'Blogger's Choice Bundles'. Woweee, I thought. Wouldn't it be great to be so famous a blogger that you get your own bundle listed in the FQS?
I thought it might be fun to post what I'd put together as a bundle for FQS if I was a famous blogger.
And then I thought you might find that fun too!
Especially if FQS has hopped on board and offered one lucky person a fat quarter bundle all of their own choosing as a prize.
Well, sorry, that's not happening.
Nope, not a fat quarter bundle. They're offering you a WHOLE HALF YARD of 15 fabrics of your choice - 12 prints and 3 solids. The only problem now is that I can't win. Dammit.
What you need to do:
- Go to The Fat Quarter Shop website and choose 12 coordinating prints and 3 solids from their selection. There are various ways of browsing - I started off in the 'modern fabric' section and went from there.
- Either a) create a blog entry about your set of fabrics; or b) if you don't have a blog, upload them somewhere they can be seen in one link - eg flickr, picasa, etc. You must include pictures of your fabrics. You can 'borrow' these from the FQS site. It would be very helpful to the judges if you could do a photo collage of your various prints. Instructions below if you don't know how - new IT skills are always useful!
- Come back here and link in your entry by 15 January. Please link your photo collage as the thumbnail if you can! I'm going to post mine in the next few days. I started with one print I loved and worked others around it. My 'shortlist' ended up at about 23 fabrics and boy was it hard to cut down!
As we know I'm easily corruptible and open to bribery, I had to find some independent judges. So we have (drum roll, quilter's hall of fame):
Each of these lovely ladies is going to choose ONE entry as their favourite. Then the amazing Miss Amy of Amy's Creative Side is going to be grand high judge and choose the best final entry from the finalists. She is well qualified as there is going to be an "Amy's Choice" bundle featured in the FQS in the new year.
So get browsing and share your inspiration for coordinating fabrics into a quilt with us!
The linky party will close on January 15.
How to make a photo collage
- If you don't use Picasa, it's one of the best free downloadable applications for working with photos. One useful tool is the collage tool. You can choose your photos and arrange and rearrange them into a collage.
- Mosaic maker is a free online tool. You have to have your photos uploaded somewhere first (eg flickr) for it to generate the mosaic for you.
- Please provide any more tips in the comments section if you know of different, simple ways of doing it!