My quilt models would not behave - they were more interested in sniffing the section of garden they are not usually allowed in, so we have a dog less quilt finish. I took the photos on Saturday which was dreary and overcast but rain free, and threw the quilt in the wash and dryer on Sunday - it was blowing a gale and storming all day so I felt ok about using the dryer. It's now all lovely and warm and crinkly, which I'd like to have photographed too, but it's wild out there today.
I used this tutorial to create a narrow flange binding - it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Straight grey seemed a bit bland, but I didn't want to distract from the blocks. That little flash of colour is just what I wanted. And it was all machine done and the neatest machine binding method I've tried.
I did a lot of organic line quilting. This is the official term for wonky line quilting that you actually meant to be straight but didn't turn out that way.
Mine was totally intentional.
Whew, mammoth effort, but I'm SO happy with it!
TGIFF is on at Brasier House with Diane. Hop on over and say hi and link up if you have a finish.